IDENTIFY AND EVALUATE
- Identify and evaluate potential investors, acquirers, or strategic partners.
- Consider synergies in products, technology, sales/marketing, manufacturing, geographic regions.
- Develop positioning strategy for client and customize for different categories of target companies.
- Develop marketing and presentation materials.
- Reach out to target companies for investment, M&A, or strategic partnerships to create interest in the transaction process.
- Provide introduction to the opportunity, outline the strategic value and synergies, solicit interest in proceeding further in the process.
- Arrange management presentations with target companies.
- Understand the interest and potential challenges for each target company.
- Ensure that senior management, product lines, and technology groups are involved.
- Persuade target companies to enter preliminary due diligence.
- Create sense of competition during preliminary due diligence.
- Solicit term sheets from target companies that have decided to bid for the transaction.
- Negotiate term sheets and select winning bid.
- Coordinate final due diligence and drafting of the Definitive Agreement.
- Act as mediator during Definitive Agreement negotiations.
- Help complete the closing conditions and close the transaction.